Founded in 1981, the Orthopedics Department currently has a treatment team with rich clinical experience, employed more than 60 medical staff in the department, including 6 senior titles and 12 intermediate titles, and 4 of them are doctors. There are orthopedic wards in both the Binjiang Campus and the Hubin Campuse, with a total of 75 beds.
The department has achieved remarkable results in the diagnosis and treatment of children's motor system deformity correction, pediatric fractures, bone and joint infections, scoliosis, spine trauma, and bone tumors, in leading position in the national pediatric orthopedics field.
(1) Pediatric fracture
(2) Congenital malformation: congenital horseshoe inversion, congenital muscular torticollis, congenital tibial pseudoarthrosis, polydactyly, conjoined, and giant finger
(3) Evelopmental dysplasia of the hip
(4) Various types of spine diseases in children: congenital spinal deformity, scoliosis, spinal disease, spinal trauma, etc.
(5) Cerebral palsy, unequal limb length, knee valgus and knee valgus, epiphyseal disease, bone and joint infection, bone tumor, ischemic necrosis of the femoral head, bone disease and other diseases of the motor system.
In addition to conventional orthopedic disease treatment, the department has built its own special medical treatment.
(1) The earliest screening work for developmental hip dysplasia (DDH) was carried out in the department in Zhejiang Province. Early detection and early treatment of DDH significantly reduced the number of DDH osteotomies in older children, and improved the quality of life of children. Also, treatment plans for DDH in children of all ages are given to help children at all ages from newborn to 18 years old. For patients with severe compound trauma, it provided professional multidisciplinary joint ambulance, combining with the powerful platform of the hospital, which increased the cure rate of children and reduced complications and sequelae.
(2) The department uses "external fixation stent technology" to treat children's limb unequal length, joint valgus deformity and other orthopedics, obtaining good treatment effects and improving the appearance and function of children.
(3) For congenital horseshoe valgus, it begins Ponseti sequence of plaster correction during the infancy of the patient to cure the disease in the most invasive and economical way.
(4) The department has established a diagnosis and treatment team for children with congenital scoliosis, adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, and spine trauma and other spine diseases, and has established systematic personalized treatment programs that include conservative treatment, brace correction, and surgical orthopedics.
(5) The department actively promotes the concept of minimally invasive treatment of various types of children's fractures (including elastic intramedullary needles for long bone fractures, closed reduction and percutaneous Kirschner wire fixation for humeral supracondylar fractures, etc.), which has small trauma, fast recovery, and good efficacy.
(6) Closely following the new international concept and actively promoting the concept of rapid rehabilitation, the department helped the children hospitalized less, and can return to the family and society as soon as possible.
In order to continuously improve the level of diagnosis and treatment, the department attaches great importance to clinical scientific research. The current main research directions of it include: treatment of hip dislocation in older children, minimally invasive treatment of children's fractures, 3D printing technology, peripheral nerve regeneration, antibiotic carrier research, adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, congenital spinal deformity in children, spinal trauma and diagnosis and treatment of lesions, etiology of children with congenital malformations, etc.
At present, the research projects of the department include 1 subject project of the Provincial Science and Technology Department and 1 provincial natural project.