In 2014, the Central Laboratory and Clinical Lab were merged into the Lab Center, which passed the ISO15189 in 2016. In 2019, it was awarded the Clinical Laboratory Quality Demonstration Laboratory in Zhejiang Province from 2020 to 2022, and became the first batch of PCR demonstration laboratories in China. It is a training site for pediatrics graduate students of Zhejiang University, meanwhile, it accepts internships for fellow students from various provinces and cities across the country and graduates from medical schools, and hosts national and provincial continuing education classes.
The Lab Center currently employs more than 100 employees, including 1 doctoral supervisor, 5 senior titles, and 9 deputy titles. There are 6 professional groups in this center, including routine clinical examination group, biochemistry group, immunology group, microbiology group, molecular diagnostics group and blood bank and blood gas group. It has carried out more than 500 detection items, involving pediatric infection, genetics, blood, digestion, breathing, heart Vascular diseases, pediatric tumors and other related diseases, making contribution to a total output value of over 220 million yuan in 2019.
The center attaches great importance to the close integration with the clinic, and has established a laboratory featuring children's medical tests, which have a higher influence in molecular diagnosis of pediatric diseases, microbiological examination, experimental diagnosis of hemolytic diseases, flow cytometry and molecular diagnosis of leukemia lymphoma and solid tumor in children. The center has established a quality management guarantee system based on the ISO15189 medical laboratory standard. At the same time, the center actively carried out scientific research on clinical pediatric diseases, a total of 13 projects were approved by National Natural Science Foundations, and more than 120 SCI papers were published in past years.
Carry out nearly 500 pediatric clinical testing items, including microbiology, immunology, biochemistry, hematology, and blood transfusion:
(1) Routine tests: blood routine and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein, stool rotavirus, adenovirus, jejunum Campylobacter, glycated hemoglobin, tuberculosis antibodies, etc .;
(2) Examination of coagulation diseases: PT, APTT, TT, FIB, D-dimer, coagulation factors (Ⅱ, Ⅴ, Ⅶ-Ⅻ), etc .;
(3) Biochemical examination: conventional biochemistry Tests;
(4) Immunological tests: detection of hepatitis virus and syphilis;
(5) Microbiological tests;
(6) Bone marrow tests: bone marrow smear cytology, bone marrow cytochemical staining, cell morphology, Plasmodium examination, etc .;
(7) Specific proteins tests: IgG, IgM, IgA, IgE, complement C3, C4, ceruloplasmin, allergen detection, immunoglobulin subtypes, retinol, etc .;
(8) Hormone tests: thyroid hormones, gonadal hormones, growth hormones, Insulin, folic acid, VB12, EPO, β2-microglobulin, ferritin, etc .;
(9) Pathogen nucleic acid tests: Gram negative / positive bacteria DNA, hepatitis B virus DNA, cytomegalovirus DNA, EB virus DNA, mycoplasma / chlamydia DNA Enterovirus RNA
(10) Pathogen antibody test: TORCH antibody, respiratory virus antibody, EB virus antibody, Mycoplasma / Chlamydia antibody, Legionella antibody, etc .;
(11) Trace element tests: blood lead, zinc, iron, copper, calcium, magnesium, etc .;
(12) Chromosome and antinuclear antibody tests: analysis of karyotypes of peripheral blood chromosomes, antinuclear antibody profiles, etc .;
(13) Tandem mass spectrometry tests: 26 genetic disorders, etc .;
(14) Digestive diseases tests: C-13 breath test, Helicobacter pylori antibodies, etc .;
(15) Flow cytometry: T cell subsets, immunological diagnosis of leukemia / lymphoma, detection of leukemia residual cells, etc.
Molecular diagnosis of pediatric diseases: The earliest clinical detection by PCR technology in Zhejiang Province was carried out in 1991; a fluorescent quantitative PCR instrument was introduced in 1998 to led the development of fluorescent quantitative nucleic acid detection; the certification of the Clinical Laboratory Center of the Ministry of Health was passed in 2003, becoming the first batch of PCR Demonstration laboratory. In 2004, a molecular genetics laboratory and a gene chip laboratory were established to carry out molecular cytogenetics and gene chip research and clinical work, to conduct diagnosis and research on children's infectious disease pathogens CMV, EV71, EB, and bacterial DNA, and at the same time, to carry out Pathogen antibody test.
Blood and tumor flow cytometry and molecular diagnosis: Use color flow cytometry for immunological diagnosis of leukemia, lymphoma and childhood solid tumors and molecular genetic technology for disease diagnosis.
Diagnosis of hemolytic disease: Focus on the quality control of coagulation factor detection, and guide clinical diagnosis and treatment of hemolytic disease.
At the same time, the children's growth and development process and disease-related items such as hormones, allergens, trace elements and so on were tested and the molecular genetic diagnosis of congenital diseases was made. The tandem mass spectrometry technology was used for screening and clinical detection of more than 30 genetic metabolic diseases. Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) was used to diagnose Williams Syndrome (WS) and 22Q11 microdeletion syndrome, and the diagnosis of fragile X syndrome was also carried out, and the pathogenesis and pathological mechanism of pediatric diseases were studied clinically.
It has been a long time since this center has been engaged in the research of pathogenic microorganisms and their pathogenesis in children, the molecular diagnosis of bacterial and viral infections in children, and the pathogenesis of TORCH intrauterine infection and herpes virus infection. In the field of human cytomegalovirus infection, RNA interference inhibited HCMV, the mechanism of mannan-binding lectin blocking HCMV from invading target cells, HCMV chemokine function and its deafening mechanism, HCMV latent infection on the regulation of autophagy, the regulation of lncRNA in HCMV latent infection and its mechanism have achieved fruitful results by this center.
Members of the center have successively undertaken or participated in the National Key Basic Research and Development Plan, the National Natural Science Foundation of China, the Major Special Project of the Ministry of Science and Technology, the Key Medical Project of the Ministry of Health, the Zhejiang Province "Twelfth Five-Year" Innovation Team, "Eleventh Five-Year", "Fifteenth" , "Ninth Five-Year Plan" major research projects, major scientific and technological projects in Zhejiang Province, Zhejiang Natural Science Foundation, etc.. In addition, more than 200 papers, including 120 SCI papers, and more than 70 IM papers have been published. It has been authorized 12 national invention patents and 8 utility model patents, 3 provincial first prizes for scientific and technological progress (participation), and 4 provincial second prizes for scientific and technological progress. Besides, the use of multicolor flow cytometry for the rapid immunological diagnosis of leukemia / lymphoma and childhood solid tumor greatly assisted the clinical diagnosis, reaching the leading level in all over the country.