Emergency Department was established in 1997. After more than 20 years' development, it has formed a large-scale, well-organized and first-class professional team. The department is the unit of the team leader and deputy team leader of the emergency critical care group of Pediatric Branch of Zhejiang Medical Association. It is the largest pediatric emergency center in Zhejiang Province and one of the largest emergency centers in China.
Emergency Department is consisted of two parts in Binjiang and Hubin Campus, including a complete set of functional areas such as rescue rooms, emergency ICU, observation rooms, emergency operation rooms, and isolation rooms. The department has 14 emergency beds, 2 surgical beds, 48 observation beds, 3 isolation beds, and 2 radiation beds. There are 4 chief physicians, 1 deputy chief physician, 1 deputy chief nurse, 12 attending physicians and 11 nurses in the department, four doctors with doctoral degree and 20 with master degree.
The department provides 24 hours all year round services for patients. There are nearly 400,000 emergency visits every year, and 20,000 of patients need to be rescued with 98.7% rescue success rate. Two national-level continuing education projects are carried out in the department every year. It has participated in the emergency treatment of many public events in recent years, such as: the rescue of the survi
(1) Pediatric medical critical illnesses and emergencies: cardiopulmonary arrest, septic shock, severe pneumonia, severe encephalitis with cranial hypertension, severe enteritis with dehydration, fulminant myocarditis, febrile convulsions, bronchial foreign body, gastrointestinal foreign body, drowning, electric shock, food poisoning, acute organ failure, etc.
(2) Neonatal critical illnesses: neonatal respiratory distress syndrome, meconium aspiration syndrome, neonatal pneumonia, neonatal hemolysis, sepsis, and bilirubin encephalopathy.
(3) Surgical emergency and various types of traumatic diseases in children, various types of acute abdomen (acute appendicitis, intussusception, indirect inguinal hernia), foreskin incarceration, burns, burns and various types of fractures, brain trauma, single or compound skin avulsions, multiple organ injuries.
(1) Emergency treatment of pediatric critical illnesses: cardiopulmonary resuscitation, respiratory failure, febrile convulsions, foreign bodies in the bronchus and digestive tracts, poisoning, drowning.
(2) Emergency management of critical illness in surgery: falling injuries from high places, compound injuries, burns, acute appendicitis, intussusception, inguinal incarceration, testicular torsion
In recent years, department staff have chaired and participated in one National Natural Science Foundation, 4 provincial projects, and nearly 10 department-level projects. More than 100 papers have been published, including 25 SCI papers. Staff in the department has obtained a second prize of Zhejiang Science and Technology Progress Award, and participated in the compilation of 2 professional books.