The Cardiology Department was officially founded in 2001, and its predecessor is Cardiovascular Group founded in 1970. At present, it is an innovative discipline in Zhejiang Province with rich experience in the clinical research, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases, especially Kawasaki disease and congenital heart diseases.There are five chief physicians, two vice chief physicians, eight attending physicians, and two resident physicians, one doctoral supervisor and one master supervisor in the department. Five of them have doctoral degrees and ten have master's degrees. There are 50 beds in the unit.
The Cardiology Department is responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric cardiovascular diseases as well as offering consultation of complicated and critically ill children in Zhejiang Province. In 1997, it was approved as Zhejiang Children's Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Center by Health Commission of Zhejiang Province. It is the Pediatric Branch of the Chinese Medical Association. It has a lot of leaders such as the vice leader of Cardiovascular Group of Pediatrics Branch of Chinese Medical Association,the vice director of Cardiovascular Professional Committee of the Pediatrician Branch of Chinese Medical Doctor Association, the vice chairman of Pediatric Cardiovascular Professional Committee of Cardiovascular Internal Medicine Branch of Chinese Medical Association, the vice leader of the Collaboration Group for Kawasaki Disease in Cardiovascular Group of Pediatric Branch of Chinese Medical Association, the chairman of Pediatrics Branch of Zhejiang Medical Association, the vice chairman of Pediatricians Branch of Zhejiang Medical Association and the cardiovascular group leader of Pediatric Branch of Zhejiang Medical Association.
(1) Diagnosis and interventional treatment of congenital heart diseases in children with patent ductusarteriosus, atrial septal defect, ventricular septal defect, pulmonary valve stenosis, aortic valve stenosis, coarctation of aorta, pulmonary arteriovenous fistula, coronary artery fistula and isolated lung, etc.
(2) Interventional and surgical hybrid treatment of complex congenital heart diseases
(3) Preoperative cardiac catheterization and postoperative cardiac catheterization for various complex congenital heart diseases
(4) Diagnosis and medication of arrhythmia in children
(5) Electrophysiological examination and radiofrequency ablation of pediatrictachyarrhythmias
(6) Diagnosis and treatment of cardiomyopathy in children with dilated cardiomyopathy, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, restrictive cardiomyopathy and endocardial fibroelastosis, etc.
(7) Diagnosis and treatment of heart failure with different causes
(8) Diagnosis, treatmentand research of Kawasaki disease
(9) Diagnosis and treatment ofother pediatriccardiovascular diseases such as myocarditis, arteritis, pulmonary hypertension, childhood hypertension and infective endocarditis, etc.
(10) Diagnosis and treatment of children with syncope, especially those with vasovagal syncope and postural tachycardia syndrome
(1) The department is in the leading position with extensive experiencein the clinical and basic research on Kawasaki diseasein the country.
(2) It has been carrying out interventional treatment of congenital heart diseases (such as atrial septal defect, ventricular septal defect, patent ductusarteriosus, pulmonary valve stenosis, aortic valve stenosis, coarctation of aorta, coronary arteriovenous fistula, etc.) for 30 years with more than 600operations per year now.
(3) Emergency treatment of critical heart diseases in children with fulminant myocarditis, severe arrhythmia, heart failure and cardiogenic shock, etc.
(4) Diagnosis and hybrid treatment of complex congenital heart diseases (including occlusion of main pulmonary vascular branch, PDA stentimplantation, pulmonary artery stent implantation, percutaneous perforation and dilation of pulmonary atresia, etc.)
(5) Diagnosis and treatment of children with syncope have been carried out since 2013, especially for children with vasovagal syncope and postural tachycardia syndrome.
(6) Electrophysiological examination and radiofrequency ablation pediatric tachyarrhythmiashave been carried out since 2016.
(7) Treadmill exercise test (TET) has been carried out since 2018.
The National Natural Science Foundation Projects including S100A12-RAGE Pathway in Coronary Artery Lesions of Kawasaki Disease,the Role and Mechanism of Notch4 Signaling in Immune Coronary Artery Injury and Repair,the molecular mechanism of the relationship between S100A12 and circulating endothelial cell function and coronary artery disease in Kawasaki disease, the Role and Mechanism of Ca2+/CaN-NFAT Signaling Pathway in Immune Coronary Artery Injury and Repair and the role and mechanism of macrophage Ca2+/CaN-NFAT signaling pathway in immune coronary artery injury and repair have been carried out successfully. Professor Gong Fangqi, the academic leader of cardiology, is in charge of these projects. He devoted himself into the research of the pathogenesis of Kawasaki disease and its cardiovascular complications. And one of his research results has been published on Arthritis Rheum with an impact factor of 7.871.
The department also undertakes projects such as the Research Fund of National Health Commission, Major Science and Technology Projects of Zhejiang Province, Natural Science Foundation of Zhejiang Province, the public welfare technology application research project of Zhejiang Science and Technology Department, Health Commission of Zhejiang Province, Chinese Medicine Administration of Zhejiang Province and Education Department of Zhejiang Province. Relevant research projects about the diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart diseases, myocarditis, hypertension and Kawasaki disease have been carried out. More than 200 papers have been published, including over 60 SCI papers. It also participates in the national multi-center clinical research of pediatric cardiomyopathy and national collaborative research network project of congenital heart diseases.
Basic and Clinical Research on Medical Diagnosis and Treatment of Pediatric Cardiovascular Diseases won the third prize of Zhejiang Science and Technology Progress Award and the first prize of Zhejiang Medicine and Health Science and Technology Innovation Award. Study on left-to-right shunt hemodynamics and cardiac function of congenital heart disease won the third prize of scientific and technological progress in Zhejiang Province. Comprehensive Study on Congenital Heart Disease and Its Complications, Internal Medicine Diagnosis and Treatment won the first prize of Zhejiang Provincial Medicine and Health Technology Award in 2014. Comprehensive Study on Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prognosis Evaluation of Kawasaki Disease won the first prize of the 2015 Zhejiang Provincial Medicine and Health Technology Award, the second prize of the 2015 Zhejiang Science and Technology Progress Award, and the third prize of the 2015 Chinese Medical Science and Technology Award.
Itparticipated in the writing of clinical treatment recommendations for coronary artery disease of Kawasaki disease, Expert consensus on perinatal management of diagnosis of fetal congenital heart disease, Expert consensus on interventional treatment of common congenital heart diseases in children, Expert consensus on diagnosis of Chinese children with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and Diagnosis recommendations for children with myocarditis(2018 edition), Expert consensus on the treatment of vasovagal syncope and orthostatic tachycardia syndrome in children, Expert consensus on catheter ablation in Chinese children with arrhythmia, Expert consensus on vaccination for children with special health status-Congenital heart disease and vaccinationand 2018 Chinese Pediatric Cardiology Society (CPCS) guideline for diagnosis and treatment of syncope in children and adolescents.
It undertakes national continuing education programs,New Advances in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Pediatric Cardiovascular Diseases, which greatly promoted the ability of pediatricians in diagnosis and treatment of complicated cardiovascular diseases in children in China.