The department is responsible for the prevention and treatment of eye diseases of children in Zhejiang Province. Currently, there are 19 medical staffs, including 4 deputy chief physicians, 5 attending physicians, 6 resident physicians, and 4 specialized nurses. All clinicians in the department have master's degrees, 1 has doctor's degree.
The professional team has rich experience in the diagnosis and treatment of strabismus and amblyopia, refractive errors, lacrimal diseases, and ocular surface diseases. We do surgeries for patients with eyelid mass and malformation, entropion and ptosis, squint, retinopathy of prematurity, lacrimal drainage system diseases, conjunctival mass or cyst, corneal disease, cataract, ocular trauma, orbital tumor, etc. We have professional inspection instruments such as wide-angle imaging system for infants and young children's fundus, Jingxing-900 biometer, optical coherence tomography (OCT), computer optometry, noncontact tonometer, front segment camera, ultrasonography, corneal topography, visual evoked potential.
Screening of various eye diseases in children (screening of vision and retinopathy of premature infants, etc.); children with refractive errors, eyelid diseases, extraocular myopathy, strabismus, lacrimal diseases, conjunctival diseases, corneal diseases, cataracts, glaucoma, ocular trauma, uveal disease, vitreoretinopathy, optic nerve and visual path diseases, orbital diseases, etc.
We do following surgeries under systemic anesthesia in operation room or day ward:
(1) Eyelid disease: eyelid mass, ptosis, epiblepharon, epicanthus, eyelid deformity, etc.
(2) Extraocular myopathy: esotropia, exotropia, hypertropia, ocular torticollis, nystagmus, etc.
(3) Lacrimal disease: lacrimal duct obstruction, dacryocystocele, dacryocystitis, lacrimal gland prolapse, fistula.
(4) Conjunctival disease: conjunctiva nevus, conjunctiva neoplasm，symblepharon
(5) Keratopathy: corneal dermoid cyst, leucoma.
(6) Cataract: congenital, traumatic, metabolic, concurrent cataract, and after-cataract.
(7) Glaucoma: congenital, developmental, secondary glaucoma.
(8) Eye trauma: eyelid laceration, corneal or scleral penetrating injury, etc.
(9) Vitreoretinopathy: laser and cryotherapy for retinopathy of prematurity, rhegmatogenous retinal detachment, retinoblastoma.
(10) Orbital tumor: orbital dermoid cyst, abscess, cavernous hemangioma, sarcoma, etc.
(11) Complicated eye deformity.
The department has accumulated rich experience in the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric eye diseases. We especially expertize in eyelid masses, eyelid shaping, eye trauma, retinopathy of prematurity, neonatal lacrimal duct disease, orbital tumors, and congenital eye dysplasia in children.
The research on the prevention and treatment of corneal neovascularization by PEDF won the third prize of Zhejiang Science and Technology Progress Award. Two projects were supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China. It plays an important role in the screening, early tracking and effective interventions of retinopathy of premature infants in Zhejiang Province. It has certain study in the autophagy mechanism of retinoblastoma, the pathogenesis of congenital cataract, the molecular immune mechanism of eye trauma, the analysis of related factors of myopia, the environmental protection of adolescent vision, and the fundus analysis of infant cytomegalovirus infection. More than 10 SCI papers have been published in the past 5 years.