There are 42 beds in the Department of Infectious Diseases which is located on the third floor of emergency situation building in BinjiangHospital, including 2 negative pressure wards with 4 beds.
Supported by Zhejiang Genetic Diagnosis Center and Zhejiang Laboratory Testing Center, the department is the deputy leading unit of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Group of Chinese Medical Association, and the leading unit of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Group of Infectious Diseases Branch of Zhejiang Medical Association. The department is composed of experienced doctors and nurses, including 1 doctoral tutor, 3 chief physicians, 1 deputy chief physician, 6 attending physicians, and 6 resident physicians.
The department undertakes Chinese and English teaching task of pediatric infectious diseases. 7 general projects of the National Natural Science Foundation and 13 provincial projects have been approved. Over 60 papers have been published, including 30 SCI papers. It has a high academic level in the molecular diagnosis of bacterial and viral infections in children, the pathogenesis of HCMV infection, EB virus infection, H1N1 influenza virus infection, and herpes virus infection. The establishment of the 16SrRNA gene chip for the diagnosis of bacterial infection for the first time has attracted great attention from domestic and foreign counterparts, and has been cited by peers for many times. Also, it has written, drafted or participated in recommendations or guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric infectious diseases.
(1) Pediatric infectious diseases: fever of unknown origin, sepsis, bacterial meningitis, Epstein-Barr virus infection, cytomegalovirus infection, fever eruptive disease, intestinal infection, fungal and parasitic infection.
(2) Treat infectious diseases during outbreaks of infectious diseases: hand-foot-and-mouth disease, influenza A and B, COVID-19, etc.
Early diagnosis and basic research of infectious diseases in children:
(1) Established a gene diagnosis technology for pediatric infectious diseases, mainly focusing on the development of gene chips for bacterial infection and herpes viruses.
(2) The human cytomegalovirus resistance gene and latent infection mechanism were studied with the help of molecular biology techniques such as RNA interference and antisense RNA.
(3) Used immunoblotting fluorescence microscopy and CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing technology to regulate the mechanism of DCs anti-influenza A virus on cell autophagy.
(4) Multi-center clinical study on drug resistance surveillance and epidemiological investigation of streptococcus pneumonia, MRSA and ESBL-producing negative bacilli, and haemophilus influenza.
(5) National multi-center clinical study of EB virus infection.
(6) Pathogen culture and drug sensitivity, specific antigens and antibodies, specific genes and other pathogenic examinations.
Over 7 general projects of National Natural Science Foundation, 13 provincial-level projects, with a total of 5 million scientific research fund were approved. More than 60 papers have been published, including 30 SCI papers. 8 national invention patents and 7 utility model patents, 17 scientific and technological achievement awards (including 4 second prizes of Zhejiang Science and Technology Progress Award), and 13 National Excellent Paper Award were obtained.
It has a high academic level in the molecular diagnosis of bacterial and viral infections in children, the pathogenesis of HCMV, Epstein-Barr virus, H1N1 influenza virus, TORCH intrauterine infection and herpes virus infection. The department established the 16SrRNA gene chip for the diagnosis of bacterial infections for the first time, developed a common herpes virus diagnostic chip, and added the content of 16SrRNA gene diagnosis in the revised plan for the diagnostic standard of neonatal sepsis in 2003. It has been cited many times by domestic and foreign magazines, covering most authoritative journals of international pediatrics, including Pediatrics, Pediatric Research, Journal of Pediatrics, etc. And the related diagnostic chips and technologies of it have obtained national patents and have independent intellectual property rights.